Utility Billing Supervisor
Performs complex and varied computer work in the billing and collection of utilities, also exercises a high level of responsibility in assisting the City Clerk in official City business.
Supervises the utility billing staff.
Work is performed under the supervision of the City Clerk.
Essential Job Functions:
• Supervises, trains and evaluates work of the utility billing staff.
• Manages the Tantalus Metering computer system daily.
• Processes utility billing and reconciles utility billing activity with the general ledger.
• Checks for errors on meter readings.
• Assists Department Heads with all utility reporting, investigates and resolves all leak issues, misreads/no reads, etc.
• Authorizes printing/distribution of utility bills.
• Answers phone calls. Deals with all customer services, citizen visits concerning utility billing and difficult customer issues.
• Uses judgment and decision-making skills in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Reviews and processes credit balances on accounts for refund and deposit refunds.
• Pursues collection of delinquent utility accounts including preparation or approval of correspondence from the office and monitoring of established payment schedules.
• Monitors non-payment cut-offs; verifies re-checks for non-payment cut-offs
• Oversees adjustments and miscellaneous charges
• Daily verifies work orders and new customer set-ups for accuracy and changes/charges to customer accounts
• Monitors prepaid customer utility accounts for accurate utility charges, disconnections and reconnections.
These essential job junctions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
AA or BA degree from a 4-year college and five years increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
Knowledge of daily operations and activities of customer service. Knowledge of government accounting principles and practices. Ability to supervise a group of employees. Ability to communicate with various individuals. Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations. Proficient skills in the operation of a computer, calculator and other office equipment.
Necessary Knowledge and Experience:
Knowledge of daily operations and activities of high level customer service. Specific knowledge of governmental accounting principles and practices. Ability to supervise a group of employees. Ability to communicate with various individuals. Ability to handle complaints and difficult situations in a professional manner. Proficient skills in the operation of a computer, calculator and other office equipment.
Computer knowledge of Excel and Word
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
Willing to learn new computer programs
Ability to sit at a desk and view a display screen for extended periods of time.
Ability to handle stressful situations
Interested applicants should submit an application or resume to the address listed below or by e-mail to email@example.com no later than January 24, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.:
City of Blakely
Attn: Melinda Crook
P.O. Box 350
Blakely, GA 39823
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace
We E- Verify