Building Official, Mark Hawkins, is responsible for building permits, building inspections and business licensing. He and the Blakely Planning Commission are jointly responsible for zone change requests. His office is located in the Technology Building (behind City Hall).

Permits, Licensing, and Ordinances 

Animal Shelter

Our Animal Control and Shelter has the responsibility of collecting stray animals within the city limits and disposing of dead animals in our city streets.

If your pet is missing or if you need assistance with a nuisance or dead animal Monday-Thursday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and Friday, 8:00 am to 2:30 pm, contact the shelter at 229-724-7474. In the event the animal control staff is out on a call, leave your name, number and a brief message. After hours, call the Blakely Fire Department at 229-723-5150.

We actively promote the adoption of the animals for a fee of $65.00. This fee includes spaying/neutering and rabies shots. We encourage you to help us maintain the pet population by having your animals spayed or neutered.

Volunteers Wanted!

Love animals and want to make a difference in their lives? Contact City Hall at 229-723-3677 or click here on Friends of Blakely Animal Shelter to spread the word of adoption and end euthanization.

Mark Hawkins
Building Official